Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wacky...Whatever, It's Wedensday

You were expecting Wacky Wednesday?  Well so was I, but when I started writing it all these Governors and Vice-Presidents started coming to town when a bunch of indie rockers came up to me and I was like...


In all seriousness, time and inspiration constraints have caused me to revise my blogging plans a bit.   The theme for Wednesdays this year will be whatever I can alliterate with the letter "W" since I'm obviously an alliteration addict.

There's some great words that start with the same letter as "word" itself, many of them corresponding to my interests as a Pauper Magic player and somewhat of a pauper in real life.  You get connected with certain powers when the hand you are dealt is not quite as strong as those dealt to others in this stacked-deck world.  Many of these coincidentally begin with the same target letter:

Willpower.  Wisdom.  Wellness.  Wonder.  And of course, that thing that doesn't seem to increase as quickly as pauperism: Wealth.

I should be able to come up with something more interesting given this new, less limiting constraint.  I have a second daily writing gig that must take precedence over this blog (in the coming weeks, I'll let you know why and where).

Finally, I imagined myself in mid-year, trying desperately to be funny with another Wacky Wednesday.  I felt corny just thinking about it :-)

So sometimes I'll be wacky, and sometimes I'll be wise.  For now, this post is just a warning that you can expect whatever you didn't expect come Wednesdays.

To make up for this, I will build the absolute wackiest Standard Pauper deck I can cook up for tomorrow's SPDC 20.02 tournament I'll be hosting at 9:00 PM in the Anything Goes room (which I'd lobby to have renamed to the Whatever room). See you there!  Peace,

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment