Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Think It's Thursday: The Magic of Philosophy

While the primary focus of this new blog will be Standard Pauper and other Rarity-Restricted Casual-Competitive Magic: The Gathering formats , you'll notice I'm interested in a little bit more than just that.  Aside from music - which I just play instead of wasting time blogging about - my biggest current interest in a new-found passion for philosophy.

One might say I've fallen in love with wisdom.

So once a week I'll shift focus from Standard Pauper to my philosophy studies.  But I'm sure I can think up ways to tie the two together most of the time.  The best Magic writer of all time, Mike Flores, has often noted that has favorite hobby is not playing Magic, but thinking about Magic.  And that suggests that there is a Philosophy of Magic waiting to be thought up and written about.

For the time being, and from this point forward, I just want to share what I discover to be the Magic of Philosophy and the Philosophy of Magic.

The THOUGHT for this I Think It's Thursday is: I think philosophy is magical.  I've often had many variations of a dream profession. I'd wonder how great it would be to be a famous rock star or bestselling novelist, a powerful politician, or even pro Magic player.  But these days I  often dream of just being a philosopher, a worthier pursuit than all of these other dreams, and probably even the one for which I'm better suited and likely for success IRL.

::

Anyway, I'm rambling as I'm bound to do when I get all thoughtful.  Thanks for tagging along with me while I keep tabs on my philosophical studies and ramblings. Until the next time I Think It's Thursday, good luck, have fun, and good games!  Peace,

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment