Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Musings: Return to Hosting for SPDC

Welcome to the third week of blogging on Cabel the Pauper.  It's Monday and the MPDC Standard Pauper tournament is about to start.  I'm looking to outdo myself with Boros Aggro and Auras once again.  But that's really not what's got me so excited this week.  I'm guns-a-blazing getting ready to return to hosting Standard Pauper events myself by reviving the dormant and long-running SPDC series!


Right now, there is only one Standard Pauper weekly Player Run Event on Magic Online.  MPDC is run on Mondays at 2:00 pm Eastern because this caters to Europeans during their evening down time from work and family.  But it used to be that PDCMagic would run two Standard Pauper tournaments, and this series was the first.  "SPDC" stands for "Standard Pauper Deck Challenge" and first began in 2006.  Many hosts have lead this Thursday night event to provide a convenient time slot for American players to get the same chance to play competitive Standard Pauper for prizes.  And glory!

But for the past few months, the current season has been without a host.  Now, just at the time when a new Standard Pauper Clan arises and the old host of MPDC, gwyned, returns to regular events, it seems fitting that if I've got Thursday nights free and clear to provide that opportunity once again.  So I'm bringing back SPDC!

PDCMagic will continue to sponsor the series with 15 tix worth of prizes each tournament.  We'll be using the PDCMagic.com Gatherling feature for registration, reporting, and deck list posting just like MPDC.  And I'll keep things at the traditional time slot, that is Thursdays at 9:00 PM, Eastern Time.

And I'm getting started this week with the SPDC 19.37 & LCQ event!

More info is sure to follow.  After I "sleeve up" my deck for today's event!  I hope to see you there and wish you good luck & good games.  Peace,

- C

No comments:

Post a Comment