Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday Post-Tournament Post - MPDC 23.08

The MPDC series broke 30 players yesterday at MPDC 23.08.  The Top 8 players favored mono-colored decks this week, with BigBee's White Weenie taking the gold in the finals against dueyutah's Red Deck.

As for me, we won't get too into that.  All I'll say is played my Boros Auras deck
one more time and barely avoided very last place.  It was fun for a bit, but now I've reached that point in the season where I just don't know what to play.

Dimir Mill seems to be dropping off slightly, though it is still a huge metagame consideration (one player even showed up with a 90-card deck, presumably to fight this).  Mono Black Control is fast replacing it as the top control deck to beat.  And stumbling on mana against either one really isn't much of an option.  This keeps on happening to me with Boros Aggro, and I suspect I'll run into the same trouble if I try out the Selesnya Tokens or Simic Evolve decks that have been popping up and sparking my interest.

Chances are this week I'll load up a stock list that I feel has a good chance to auto-pilot me to a decent showing.  Right now, I'm concentrating a little harder on reviving the SPDC series, which starts again in just two more days!

These events will be run in a manner almost identical to MPDC, featuring the same Standard Pauper format and same Swiss/Playoff structure with similar prize support thanks to PDCMagic.  But SPDC will take place at 8:30 PM instead of starting registration at 2:00 PM, Eastern Time like MPDC to provide Paupers of the Western Hemisphere a weekday evening event.

In any case, despite a poor performance, I really enjoyed yesterday's MPDC and I'm really looking forward to hosting the next Standard Pauper event and hope to see you there!  Until then, good luck & have fun!  Peace, 

- C

2 comments:

  1. Why not give Boros another run ?
    Bad luck has to stop and you showed me how good it can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would have done so if I was not preoccupied with hosting this time around. As it turns out, my luck with hosting was great, we had just enough players to fire and run smoothly. My bad luck in-game continued, though :-)

      Delete